September Program Meeting
Saturday, September 18, 2021, 1-3pm
(the Zoom Link will be sent in a separate email on Friday, Sept. 17)
Fabulous Foldables #4
The Gallery Book
with Laurel Herbeck
Our activity will be the last foldable in our 2021 Fabulous Foldable Series. Laurel Herbeck will demonstrate how to create a model of a Gallery Book. This versatile structure is basically an accordion book with a twist. It is a foldable book with display windows that can be used in a variety of ways to display papers, stamps, photos and many other “collections”.
- 2 strips of paper (cardstock weight) , 9” x 25 ½, grain short (25 ¼ will also work)
*(see note below)
- Rulers or metal edges,
- Xacto knife and mat
- 1/2” double stick tape or Mac Tac
- bone folder
- Instruction handout (download and print pdf below)
- Optional: Matt board at least 9 1/4” x 8” for covers.
* Precut sheets of Colorplan paper will be available (free) in the NBG studio along with the printed instructions. You may stop by on Wed., Sept 8 or Wed., Sept.15 from 12-4pm. Please wear a mask. If you’d like, you may cut your own paper. Some suggested papers are Canson, Strathmore 400, painted papers, or anything that is about 160 grams. Cut the paper ‘grain short’ so it will fold without cracking. Heavy paper will be too difficult to work with for this structure, and paper that is lightweight will not have enough strength. If you cut your own paper, please have it ready before the program. You will need 2 strips, 9” x 25 ½, grain short (25 ¼ will also work).
Download the Gallery Book Instructions.